Yup. In an unhealthy fit of exuberance, I acquiesced to taking Andante's place
in the Pharyngula mutating genre meme
. I seriously need to learn to control my impulsiveness. It gets me into more trouble. I could tell you about this one time, up in Canada, on the west coast, but due to National Security, I've been sworn to secrecy.
Well, actually, it was during a black out, and I don't recall a thing. And how the Russian consulate's daughter came into play... Even she didn't know. I guess it was a shared black out. Or it was an alien abduction. Though, I don't believe I was probed. As to the Russian consulate's daughter, she wouldn't say.
Anyway, I've allowed myself to get tagged into another blogger's meme tag thingy,,,, whatever. So, here are the instructions, as copied and pasted from Bryan's post.
There are a set of questions below that are all of the
form, “The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is…”. Copy the
questions, and before answering them, you may modify them in a limited
way, carrying out no more than two of these operations:
- You can leave them exactly as is.
- You can delete any one question.
- You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one
question. For instance, you could change “The best time travel novel in
SF/Fantasy is…” to “The best time travel novel in Westerns is…”, or
“The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is…”, or “The best romance
novel in SF/Fantasy is…”.
- You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of
the list, as long as it is still in the form “The best [subgenre]
[medium] in [genre] is…”.
- You must have at least one question in your set, or you’ve gone
extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you’re not
Then answer your possibly mutant set of questions. Please do include
a link back to the blog you got them from, to simplify tracing the
ancestry, and include these instructions.
So, here goes:
My great-great-great-great-grandparent is Pharyngula.
My great-great-great-grandparent Metamagician and the Hellfire Club.
My great-great-grandparent is Flying Trilobite.
My great-grandparent is A Blog Around the Clock.
My grandparent is archy.
My parent is Why Now?
The best alien invasion novel in SF/Fantasy is: The Aluminum Man by G. C. Edmondson
The best “bad” movie in SF/Fantasy is: Big Trouble in Little China
The best sexy song in pop is: “Sex” as performed by Berlin.
Now, as to propagating this mutating meme blogger's tag:
- Let's start with that foul-mouthed quaker over at Dohiyi Mir. Hmmm. Foul-mouthed quaker. That seems to be an oxymoron. Well, I guess it fits, since we are talking about NTodd.
- Then there's poor, deranged PSoTD, who's YouTube addiction has reached depths of depravity that would make chronic bar flies cringe in disgust.
Then there are these two whom have, in fact, both tagged me in other, unrelated blogger's tag memes. Unfortunately, it was just before the unfortunate upgrade to MT 4 mishap*, resulting in the lose of my posts produced all those many years prior. However, I am undaunted. I hold my head up high, reach out with moral authority, and tag the following two bloggers without guilt or shame:
* Oh, alright. It was not a mishap, it was a dumb-ass, bone-headed, rookie move on my part in failing to back up my posts before upgrading.
- Blue Girl, Red State. Oh, and that's right, no tag backs. Thought I'd forgotten, didn't you?
- Lab Kat. Because, damn it, I think that cat on her page is cute. However, she's not posted since August, so this might be a Tag In Memorial. But I'd rather hope to see a post.